Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blueberry Crumble for Breakfast

I know my last post was about food. but so is this one. Last night I had the pleasure of having dinner at a friend's house. And in my ingrained teaching that came from my mother, I couldn't arrive empty handed. So, I took blueberry crumble. I'm a huge fan of the blueberry. (especially inexpensive frozen ones I can find at my local grocers.) What I didn't expect was how awesome it was going to be to have leftovers for the day's most important meal: breakfast.

I'm on vacation this week. Doing nothing but all the fun stuff I never have time for. Like rearranging my living room and going through my fabric stash and taking as many naps as I like without feeling guilty. So, whipping up this easy crumble recipe was a perfect part of that. Here's to eating dessert for breakfast.


Easy Blueberry Crumble

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

5 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp black pepper

Place all ingredients in a casserole dish and toss to coat

For Topping:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 Tbs. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt

Put all ingredients into a bowl and crumble with your fingers. Allow some of the butter clumps to stay pretty large to allow for a crispy crust. Spread generously over top of the prepared blueberries and bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails