Saturday, March 20, 2010

Paper Piecing.

So, this is where i have been. well, mostly. our servers crashed at work. we lost two years of information in the blink of an eye. even our backup servers died. so, it's been a rough couple of weeks. I will tell you though, my job is pretty great. and at the end of february, I got to host a quilting retreat. our biggest meeting room was stuffed with ladies and sewing machines. It worries me that I am getting old, but holy shit! how much fun was that!

There were these two dear girls from ohio there to teach a little how-to on paper piecing.

IT MADE MY BRAIN EXPLODE.

Ever since then, I've been scouring the internet for patterns, looking up youtube videos and reading quilting blogs. And, I've been sitting at my sewing machine. I'm really happy with what I'm producing and the hum of my machine makes the corners of my mouth turn up. Fold, cut, line up, stitch, fold, cut, line up, stitch. over and over until something like this appears.


This pattern is called whirling dervish and its from a talented gal name jennifer over at sewhooked.org

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails